I found this poem… I didn’t actually write it myself but there was no name attached to it just “J” So this is By: J
(Resources can be found under the poem so please continue to look down the page!)
Since the day you were born
I’ve been dreading this day.
And as the time drew closer,
I wasn’t sure what I’d say.
Today is a day
That should be full of fun.
Today is the day,
You should be turning one.
Today should be filled
With cards, hats and cake.
Instead, it’s full of tears, and
Memories that keep me awake.
I dream of you somewhere
Crawling and toddling around.
Filling a room with giggles,
And a cooing, gurgling sound.
I picture you sitting quietly
On Jesus’s knee.
And I pray that he tells you,
How much I wanted you with me.
I look up and think of you,
Up, beyond a cloud.
I think of you looking at me,
And I hope I make you proud.
Oh, to have you again,
Just for one whole day,
I’d hold you, hug you and kiss you,
Till you push me away.
just how much I miss you,
I can’t begin to explain.
It will take forever to find the words,
To tell you about this pain.
Not one day goes by,
That my thoughts don’t wander to you.
The could haves, the should haves,
None of which came true.
So even though a year has gone,
And the pain is no longer new,
Your memory lives on in our hearts,
And our love for you does too.
Now that you know how much we still miss you,
I guess there’s nothing left to say,
Besides, Our Precious Angel
Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Written by J
The days leading up to the angelversary or heavenly birthday (however you’d like to call it) are harder than the day itself (as Carly mention’s on her blog and I would have to agree 100%) so, the best way to approach this is by planning ahead.
Here is a list of ideas for your special day:
- Create/Do Anything from the memorial section of this website
- Have a sculpture made at My Tangible Peace
- Bake a Birthday Cake but find a cute angel topper !
- Invite friends and family to a balloon release or do one privately with your own family
- there is also the option to let go sky lanterns.
- Make a wreath for their grave marker (ours is in winter) or decorate their headstone with flowers and small trinkets.
- Leave battery operated flame-less candles at the gravesite so they stay lit until they burn out (you can do this at home also for the whole day, setting it by where you have their urn)
- Make a graphic with photoshop
- Rewrite your TTTS Story, making it more in depth this time.
- Donate to a charity in their name
- donate items to the NICU
- NEW- Make a Birthday Page on Calvin’s Hats website! You can keep the page up for one week so plan to do this during your actual angelversary. You can add a youtube video and share with your friends. Just a simple way to remind everyone of the ones you love and lost. http://www.calvinshats.com/Our-Birthday-Celebration.html
- Make some cloud sky jello (http://www.hawaiikawaii.net/2011/cloudy-sky-jello-tutorial/) and angel food cake (maybe put a fluffy whipped topping to make it look like a cloud too… and add an angel cake topper?
Plan a whole meal around that theme! Why not? If your like me and like experimenting in the kitchen… this is sure to make you smile!
Cake Toppers I like:
Decorate with white and pearlescent balloons: