Figuring out how you’re going to provide all the “essentials” for not one but two little ones can be quite daunting for a twin parent. But there are resources available to help you out! Please take advantage of the following:
- Babies R Us: Babies R Us offers a twin discount. If you inform them that you’re expecting twins, they will offer you a 10% discount, among some other things. This is especially helpful when making big purchases like cribs and nursery furniture.
- Huggies: Huggies will provide you with a generous amount of coupons for diapers and wipes if you provide them with a copy of your babies’ birth certificates. Check for current offers.
- Gerber and Beechnut: These baby food compaines are known for their generous coupon mailings. Check with them for current offers.
- OB/GYN & Pediatrician: Talk to your doctors about receiving things like free infant formula, as they are often sent samples to give out to paitients.
- Generic versus Brand Name Infant Formula: All infant formula in the United States is FDA regulated and therefore held to the same standards for human consumption. That means that a $19.99, 36 oz can of generic infant formula (like Target’s) is as good and as nutritious, and will sustain your babies as well as a $29.99, 24 oz can of Enfamil or Similac. So you can literally save over 50% by buying generic over name brand. This alone could you save hundreds of dollars in your babies’ first year of life!